Join our team – please view our current vacancies below.
PROPERTY MAINTENANCE MANAGER
You will have had at least 3 years’ experience working in property maintenance, preferably in a hotel, country club, hospital, school, or care facility. You must live within 30 minutes of Barnham Broom. The salary is dependent on experience and qualifications. Package includes use of our company van, so a driving license is a must. Uniform, meals a great salary and incentive package on offer, working within a great business.
Key responsibilities will include:
• To manage all maintenance projects by regular communication and liaison with the General Manager. To carry out safety tests of all equipment and the hotel fire alarm system on a weekly basis logging all tests, in writing, in line with the Health and Safety and company requirements.
• To oversee the running of the maintenance team throughout the resort, to ensure that this department is operating to its full capacity and delivering the highest levels of guest satisfaction, resolving all bedroom maintenance issues within the designated time frame and in line with the daily operating procedures as laid down by the company.
• To liaise daily with the Head Housekeeper and Duty Manager on any reactive maintenance work that needs completing.
• To plan maintenance work to be carried out by contractors. To arrange quotations and work schedules for external suppliers and contractors.
• To manage financial objectives by preparing an annual maintenance budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• To carry out basic plumbing, electrical, carpentry repairs, including painting and decorating of bedrooms, public areas and any internal areas as required, ensuring that all areas are protected and guest reported faults are carried out within a timely planned manner.
• To carry out routine maintenance and manage the record keeping of all routine maintenance for any contractor that supplies a monthly, quarterly, or annual service to the hotel.
• To be fully aware of the hotel emergency procedures and act as Fire Coordinator as required to support training, team and guest safety during training or fire evacuation procedures.
• To oversee the H&S committee and management of the Health and Safety function of the hotel. To include the administration and management of all record keeping, filing, inspections, audits, risk assessments and training of team members.
• To undertake purchasing of supplies and equipment for the department, in line with company purchasing procedures and ensure that all nominated suppliers are always used.
•To also carry out stock counts and checks and take meter readings on a weekly/monthly basis as required.
• To ensure all hotel systems and equipment are fully operational to ensure that there is no disruption in providing the products and services to our guests and customers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £29,000.00 per year
Apply now by emailing your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org